Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Foggy thoughts....

Why can’t I feel Global warming? It has become a fad to discuss environment and Global warming. The movers and shakers of this world have held a meet in Copenhagen for the same; hopefully, something concrete will come out from all these efforts. But, ironically all the perils of Global warming are being discussed when we shiver in the severest winter seen since a long time.
The minimum temperature had touched 0 degrees C on the New Year day – something totally unprecedented and hence a hot topic of discussion – and it has been almost a fortnight since Sun shone properly. A hazy landscape enveloped in a dense fog greets the eyes every morning.
On New Year I vacationed in the warm cozy desert cities of Jaisalmer, Jodhpur and Bikaner, the weather there was quite warm in the day and a little cool in the night, but nothing prepared me for the blast of cold air that greeted me as I got down at the Saharanpur Station in the morning.
Needless to add that by the time I got back, my beloved plants had wilted into submission to the cruelty of early January weather.

Icy winds are lashing outdoors and Sun has taken a sabbatical behind the clouds; the warmth of the heating system is helping thaw the body frozen from an outdoor errand. I guess I will have to surf some blogs from the south of equator to give that additional warmth!

No comments:

Post a Comment